2012 Summer Internship
Chapel Hill / Carrboro, NC
For the 2012 summer internship, we're looking for applicants to work out of our Carrboro, NC office. Caktus is looking for a web developer who enjoys working on a team and is excited to work on new and diverse projects. This summer experience includes:
- Position: A 12 week summer internship.
- Exposure: Great experience and education in current web development techniques and technologies.
- Professional development: You'll be fully immersed into our process and gain valuable, practical experience.
- Mentorship: At Caktus, you'll get to work with some of the best and brightest minds in the Django community.
You will do some or all of the following during the summer:
- Work on Django-powered web applications
- Become familiar with Linux (Debian-flavor) desktop and server environments
- Learn about test driven development and other agile methodologies
- Use relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
For the full-time 12-week position, we will pay a fixed amount, commensurate with experience, that is pro-rated and paid monthly.
Please submit your application by December 19, 2011 to be considered for this position.
We work hard to find the right people, and then reward them with a handsome set of benefits:
- A sponsored employee medical plan including dental and vision coverage
- A retirement plan including standard company contributions
- 20 paid vacation and holidays
- 6 paid personal and sick days
- Annual conference and training budget
- 3 paid conference days
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Data plan reimbursement
- Variable profit share